Efficient, creative and highly knowledgeable, clients trust Jack with their most complex and important transactions.
Jack, who chairs Stinson's national Corporate Finance Practice Division, focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, shareholder activism and takeover defense. He represents many of the world's leading companies, including ADM, Koch Industries, Waste Management, Spire, H&R Block, Garmin, Corbion, Mitsui, Omron, as well as many others.
Jack's long track record of creativity and precision in complex transactional matters has resulted in him being recognized by many leading publications, including Chambers USA, IFLR 1000, and Best Lawyers. Jack has been named to M&A Powerlist for the Americas by the Legal 500.
Jack has represented clients in domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and divestitures totaling more than $40 billion, including:
- Merger of DeBruce Grain Inc., a U.S. based commodity-management and grain storage company (with publicly disclosed revenues of $4.6 billion), with The Gavilon Group LLC, a North American energy, commodity-management and storage.
- Numerous transactions for Koch Industries, Inc. and its affiliates, including the divestiture by Koch Industries, Inc. of its Brazilian oil and gas exploration and production business and the acquisition by Koch of DEPCOM.
- Numerous transactions for Waste Management and its affiliates, including the acquisition of Deffenbaugh, the acquisition of ESI, the acquisition of ADS and the sale of assets to GFL.
- Multiple transactions for Mitsui & Co., Ltd. and its affiliates, including the acquisition of Accountable Healthcare and the acquisition of a controlling stake in Adelnor.
- Numerous transactions for ADM and its affiliates, including the sale of its Crop Risk Services division and the GrainBridge joint venture between ADM and Cargill.
He has also represented clients in public and private offerings of equity and debt securities totaling more than $20 billion, including:
- Rule 144A offerings, Regulation S offerings, PIPE transactions and conventional private placements of equity and debt securities totaling more than $15 billion for companies, including H&R Block, Inc. (NYSE), Spire (NYSE), Quest Resource Corporation (NASDAQ), Entertainment Properties Trust (NYSE) and Euronet Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ).
- Public offerings of over $1.7 billion of common and preferred equity securities by Entertainment Properties Trust (NYSE) and Layne Christensen Company (NASDAQ).
- Public offerings of $2.5 billion of senior debt by H&R Block, Inc. (NYSE), Spire (NYSE) and Entertainment Properties Trust (NYSE).
News & Insights
- Press Release08.17.2023
- Press Release06.05.2023
- Press Release08.18.2022
- Press Release06.02.2022
- Press Release05.25.2021
- Press Release04.29.2020
- Press Release12.24.2019
- Press Release12.03.2019
- Press Release11.13.2019
- Press Release10.01.2019
- Press Release09.30.2019
- Press Release05.07.2019
- Press Release03.13.2019
- Press Release11.02.2018
Jack has presented at a number of seminars and programs concerning mergers and acquisitions, securities law and corporate governance matters.
Jack has authored several articles on mergers and acquisitions, securities law and corporate governance, and is co-author of the Blue Sky Law section of Missouri Methods of Practice; Transaction Guide.
"Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Small Business Provisions," Stinson's Government Contracting Blog, April 3, 2020
Named to the Legal 500 M&A Powerlist
Ranked by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business in corporate finance and M&A
Named to the IFLR 1000
"Up and Coming Lawyer," Missouri Lawyers Weekly
"Rising Star," Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers©
Named to the "CleanTech 100" by Legal Media Group, 2013
"40 Under Forty" by Ingram's Magazine, 2014
Selected to the 2023, 2024 editions of Best Lawyers in America©
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional & Civic Activities
LexisNexis Securities Law Advisory Board, Board Member
American Bar Association
- Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities
- Committee on Mergers and Acquisitions
The Missouri Bar
Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
Society of Corporate Secretaries & Governance Professionals, Vice President of Programming
Community Health Charities of Kansas and Missouri, Board Member, 2012-2014
Brain Injury Association of Kansas and Greater Kansas City, Board Member, 2006-2012
Kansas City Tomorrow, Class 2009-2010
Practices & Industries
- Illinois (inactive)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
DePaul University, J.D., cum laude
- DePaul Law Review, Executive Editor
University of Kansas, B.S., Accounting and Business Administration