Efficient, creative and highly knowledgeable, clients trust Jack with their most complex and important transactions.
Jack focuses his practice on corporate finance, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, private equity and venture capital transactions, as well as corporate governance and securities law compliance. He chairs the firm’s corporate finance division, leveraging his finance background to help lead one of the strongest corporate deal teams in the Midwest.
He handles innovative, market-leading transactions for publicly- and privately-held companies, and private equity and venture capital funds. In addition to complex financial transactions, Jack provides strategic legal counsel on securities law compliance and corporate governance. He advises on all aspects of corporate finance for leading businesses and financial institutions in the energy, technology, software, health care and life sciences, real estate investment trusts, waste management, consumer products, financial services and agriculture industries nationwide.
Jack has represented clients in domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and divestitures totaling more than $25 billion, including:
- Merger of DeBruce Grain Inc., a U.S. based commodity-management and grain storage company (with publicly disclosed revenues of $4.6 billion), with The Gavilon Group LLC, a North American energy, commodity-management and storage.
- Numerous transactions for Koch Industries, Inc. and its affiliates, including the divestiture by Koch Industries, Inc. of its Brazilian oil and gas exploration and production business and the acquisition by Koch Agronomics Services, LLC of the research and development business of Mendel Biotechnology, Inc.
- Multiple transactions for Mitsui & Co., Ltd. and its affiliates, including the acquisition of Accountable Healthcare and the acquisition of a controlling stake in Adelnor.
- Numerous transactions for ADM and its affiliates, including the sale of its Crop Risk Services division and the GrainBridge joint venture between ADM and Cargill.
He has also represented clients in public and private offerings of equity and debt securities totaling more than $17 billion, including:
- Rule 144A offerings, Regulation S offerings, PIPE transactions and conventional private placements of equity and debt securities totaling more than $11.5 billion for companies, including H&R Block, Inc. (NYSE), Quest Resource Corporation (NASDAQ), Entertainment Properties Trust (NYSE) and Euronet Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ).
- Public offerings of over $1.7 billion of common and preferred equity securities by Entertainment Properties Trust (NYSE) and Layne Christensen Company (NASDAQ).
- Public offerings of $1.7 billion of senior debt by H&R Block, Inc. (NYSE) and Entertainment Properties Trust (NYSE).
- Represent private equity and venture capital firms and strategic investors in domestic and cross-border debt and equity financings totaling more than $1.4 billion.
Jack has represented clients in connection with domestic and cross-border non-control investment transaction, including venture capital transactions, totaling more than $3 billion.
News & Insights
- Press Release08.18.2022
- Press Release06.02.2022
- Press Release05.25.2021
- Press Release04.29.2020
- Press Release12.24.2019
- Press Release12.03.2019
- Press Release11.13.2019
- Press Release10.01.2019
- Press Release09.30.2019
- Press Release05.07.2019
- Press Release03.13.2019
- Press Release11.02.2018
- Press Release05.07.2018
- Press Release05.03.2018
- Press Release11.06.2017
- Press Release07.31.2017
- Press Release06.06.2017
- Press Release04.28.2017
Jack has presented at a number of seminars and programs concerning mergers and acquisitions, securities law and corporate governance matters.
- Firm Events12.06.2018
- Firm Events11.15.2018
Jack has authored several articles on mergers and acquisitions, securities law and corporate governance, and is co-author of the Blue Sky Law section of Missouri Methods of Practice; Transaction Guide.
"Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Small Business Provisions," Stinson's Government Contracting Blog, April 3, 2020
Ranked by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business in corporate finance and M&A
Named to the IFLR 1000
"Up and Coming Lawyer," Missouri Lawyers Weekly
"Rising Star," Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers©
Named to the "CleanTech 100" by Legal Media Group, 2013
"40 Under Forty" by Ingram's Magazine, 2014
Selected to the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers in America©
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional & Civic Activities
LexisNexis Securities Law Advisory Board, Board Member
American Bar Association
- Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities
- Committee on Mergers and Acquisitions
The Missouri Bar
Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
Society of Corporate Secretaries & Governance Professionals, Vice President of Programming
Community Health Charities of Kansas and Missouri, Board Member, 2012-2014
Brain Injury Association of Kansas and Greater Kansas City, Board Member, 2006-2012
Kansas City Tomorrow, Class 2009-2010
Practices & Industries
- Illinois (inactive)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
DePaul University, J.D., cum laude
- DePaul Law Review, Executive Editor
University of Kansas, B.S., Accounting and Business Administration