Bilingual in English and Korean, with a background in international business development and understanding of cultural diversity, Jennifer provides comprehensive business solutions to her clients.
Jennifer strives to be a total solutions provider. Jennifer works with her clients to provide tailored legal services and business solutions.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Jennifer gained valuable experience working for a company in Korea that builds oil and gas plants and other infrastructure around the world. Her primary role was to participate in business due diligence for M&A and joint venture opportunities for the company. She traveled frequently to assess target companies as these opportunities were all over the map. While cross-border opportunities posed various challenges, Jennifer provided creative solutions with her understanding of cultural diversity gained from growing up in different countries. She understands management-side concerns and knows how to strategize and problem-solve these concerns.
During law school, Jennifer was active in several pro bono projects donating over 600 hours of work. She was recognized for her contribution and awarded Pro Bono Award – Law Student Category by Indianapolis Bar Association in 2016, Norman Lefstein Award of Excellence for Pro Bono Service by Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in 2017 and Outstanding Clinic Student Award by Clinical Legal Education Association in 2017.
Jennifer served on teams that represented public and private companies, including:
- Waste Management, Inc. (NYSE) in the acquisition of Petro Waste Environmental
- Euronet Worldwide, Inc. (Nasdaq) in the Rule 144A offering of convertible senior debt of more than $500 million
- Mitsui & Co., Ltd. in the acquisition of a controlling interest in Consorcio Agroindustrias del Norte, S.A.P.I. de C.V., a leading wholesale distribution business of animal feeds, fertilizers, agricultural chemicals, and other farm supplies in Mexico
- Enhanced Capital Partners, a national investment firm specializing in investments in small and mid-size companies
- Acquirer of a leading computing systems provider
- Seller of a minerals company
- An oil and natural pipeline company in the formation of a joint venture to develop crude oil pipeline
- Venture capital firms investing in preferred equity of early-stage companies
Jennifer provides clients with general representation with respect to:
- Mergers, stock and asset purchase transactions, and private equity investments, including coordinating due diligence and drafting related documents
- Representation of public companies regarding general compliance, registration, and reporting under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as well as under state securities laws
- Representation of public companies regarding compliance with listing rules and regulations for securities exchanges, including Nasdaq and the NYSE
- Representation of investment advisers in registration and compliance matters regarding SEC, FINRA and state law.
News & Insights
- Press Release03.13.2019
Featured, "Making the Bar Go Round: A Look at Foreign-Born Attorneys in Kansas City," KC Counselor, September 2018
"The Rise of PACS: A New Type of Commitment from the City of Love," Washburn Law Journal, Winter 2017
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional & Civic Activities
Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
The Missouri Bar
American Bar Association
Practices & Industries
- Missouri, 2017
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law J.D., 2017
- Dean's List
- Dean's Tutorial Society inductee
- Georgakopoulos Scholarship
- Non-Resident Merit Award
- Phi Delta Phi, Legal Honors Fraternity inductee
Columbia University, M.A., International Educational Development, 2007
- Elizabeth Dockeray Scholarship
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., History and Women’s Studies, 2006
- Penn History Research Grant for outstanding thesis topic