We protect pharmaceutical and medical device products at all stages of a company’s life cycle. Our litigators navigate the challenges of products liability litigation and overcome regulatory hurdles. We have successfully tried “bet the company” litigation, achieved victories through dispositive motions, appeal, and negotiated resolutions on favorable terms.
Our team represents manufacturers of pharmaceuticals and medical devices in products liability litigation in federal and state courts throughout the country, and regularly defend clients against claims alleging health care products have caused personal injuries or death. We have noteworthy experience defending pharmaceutical and medical device companies in securities, employment, False Claims Act, competition, toxic tort, antitrust, and labeling litigation, and counseling on health care-related regulatory and compliance, fraud and abuse, reimbursement related matters with CMS and other government agencies.
We have over 20 attorneys with experience serving as national coordinating, local, and trial counsel in both aggregated and individual proceedings. We are regularly asked by national coordinating counsel to participate in “virtual law firms” to help achieve top-notch results in industry actions.
Our clients benefit from our active engagement in federal and state court bars, and our strong relationships with many federal and state court systems. Among our alumni, we have federal and state court judges, and our current ranks include former federal and state prosecutors as well as judicial clerks.
We offer cutting-edge technology and experience in-house to manage electronic discovery. We control costs with focused collection processes, engage state-of-the-art technology for all aspects of e-discovery, and advocate for reasonable and proportionate discovery.
Clients benefit from our extensive trial experience. Our lawyers include Fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers, Litigation Counsel of America, and American Board of Trial Advocates, as well as Trial Specialists certified by state bar organizations. This experience is complemented by the strength and depth of many partners with extensive experience in mass tort and products liability litigation.
- National coordinating counsel for the defense of an international pharmaceutical company with over 100 cases in multiple jurisdictions throughout the country including coordinated proceedings on both the West Coast and the East Coast in plaintiff-friendly jurisdictions accusing manufacturer of failing to disclose risks of femur fractures and osteonecrosis of the jaw. This role includes managing the overall strategy for the cases, ensuring consistency in pleadings, and handling all trials and appeals.
- Court-appointed defense liaison counsel in multi-district litigation involving more than 2,500 cases alleging defective design and failure to warn in connection with femoral hip implant prosthesis.
- Counsel representing medical device manufacturer in multiple consolidated cases alleging defective manufacture, failure to warn, and negligence per se associated with defibrillation wire leads.
- Local counsel in more than 50 cases involving allegedly defective infusion pump prescribed for post-operative pain relief.
- Counsel for brand name drug company in coordinated proceeding involving over 150 cases alleging birth defects resulting from the ingestion of antidepressant drug during pregnancy.
- Counsel for brand name drug manufacturer in a class action suit accusing violation of consumer protection statutes and causing economic harm by failing to disclose risks and promoting off-label use.
- Trial counsel representing medical device manufacturer in case alleging defective spinal instrument, the pituitary rongeur, caused injury during a back surgery.
- Counsel for a brand name drug manufacturer in MDL and individual suits filed in state courts alleging pediatric suicide resulting from use of anti-depressants in a pediatric population.
- Local counsel for generic drug manufacturer in multi-district litigation and individual suits filed in state courts alleging heart disease, heart failure, stroke and/or wrongful death from hormone replacement therapy prescription medication.
- Counsel representing brand name drug manufacturer in multiple proceedings in state and federal court alleging movement disorders resulting from the ingestion of metoclopramide and failure to warn of the risks of same.
News & Insights
- Press Release10.23.2017
- Press Release03.15.2017