Understanding client needs and meeting their expectations is vital to Parker as he helps businesses navigate complex tax credit transactions.
Parker focuses his practice on transactions utilizing New Markets Tax Credits (NMTCs), Historic Tax Credits (HTCs), and (renewable energy) Investment Tax Credits (ITCs). He is well versed in representing Qualified Active Low Income Community Businesses (QALICBs) and Community Development Entities (CDEs) in NMTC transactions, as well as representing investors in NMTC, HTC, and ITC transactions.
Parker has advised clients on projects ranging from community centers to airport expansions. He is adept at handling matters found throughout the lifecycle of a deal, from inception to post-closing requirements.
Prior to joining Stinson, Parker worked as a real estate associate at a large St. Louis firm where he represented clients in a wide array of real estate acquisition, lending, and leasing transactions.
New Markets Tax Credits (NMTCs)
- Assisted in the representation of an investor in a NMTC deal constituting one of several projects spanning the "Delmar Divide" in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Represented a CDE in receiving an equity investment used to fund a qualified NMTC loan for the construction and development of a shelter, recovery program and support services center for homeless women and children.
- Represented a CDE in a transaction using loans from NMTC allocations to finance the $24 million renovation and expansion of school and career development program for at-risk youth in the Northeast.
- Assisted in a transaction employing NMTC financing to construct new facilities at a Texas airport.
- Represented a QALICB in relation to $27 million in NMTC financing for the acquisition and renovation of a facility in Colorado.
Historic Tax Credits (HTCs)
- Represented investor in the financing of a ground lease/HTC transaction in connection with the rehabilitation of a luxury hotel in Virginia.
- Assisted with a transaction involving the conversion of an historic building in the Southeast into a hotel with mixed use commercial space.
- Represented the investor in a transaction concerning the conversion of a warehouse into luxury condominiums and office space.
Investment Tax Credit (ITCs)
- Assisted in the representation of an investor with respect to the development of ten solar farms across the Midwest.
Real Estate Finance
- Represented lender in financing the acquisition of over 20 retail centers across the country.
- Lead the review of real estate interests on client's billion dollar bid to acquire competitor.
- Assisted in representation of national fast-food chain in multiple acquisition and leasing transactions.