Nick works tirelessly to help real estate and corporate clients meet their goals, while his previous experience as a business owner lends a unique perspective and understanding of business operations.
Nick assists purchasers, sellers, lenders, landlord and tenants in developing strategies and negotiating complex agreements related to sales transactions, leasing, development and corporate acquisitions. He continually represents several large real estate investment trusts (REIT) in their purchase and sale transactions, and the corresponding leasing structures that are implemented.
With extensive experience in commercial leasing, Nick is aware of the challenges in negotiating leases on behalf of both landlords and tenants, and Nick continuously works to achieve favorable provisions for his clients while maintaining a positive working relationship with the opposing parties, as he understands the relationship between landlord and tenant will likely have numerous effects on many additional matters as the parties continue on their business relationship.
Nick works with developers, investors and builders in drafting, reviewing and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, easements, declarations of restrictive covenants, leases, ownership documents, and any other documents pertaining to acquisition, sales and/or development of commercial property. Nick advised clients on projects ranging from hotel, industrial, multi-family, retail development to wind farm and solar energy projects.
Additionally, Nick represents private and family businesses, assisting as an outside general counsel with complex day-to-day matters including general contract matters, financing transactions, dispute resolution, regulatory matters and corporate transactions.
- Significant experience in negotiating, executing and closing real estate acquisitions, dispositions, leases and financing transactions throughout the United States, including in the past few years: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
- Represents numerous landlords of class "A" multi-tenant office buildings and mixed-use buildings.
- He represents a large national retailer on leasing matters throughout the U.S.
- Represents one of the largest residential home builders in the country in connection with its land acquisition, disposition and development of residential homes in the greater Twin Cities area.
- He has represented a national real estate investment trust (REIT) in the disposition of over 35 commercial properties nationwide.
- Represented a buyer in a $25 million acquisition of a multi-family project.
- Represented a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the disposition of over 20 industrial properties nationwide.
- He has represented several lenders with regard to financing Solar and Wind Farms throughout the greater Midwest.
- Represents a lender with regard to financing large agribusiness ventures spanning several states in the southwest United States.
- He has represented self-storage conglomerate in numerous acquisitions and related private offerings
- Represented sellers in connection with the sale of multiple franchised fast food restaurants.
- Represented construction services and materials company in a series of acquisitions in a multitude of states.
News & Insights
- Press Release08.19.2021
- Press Release06.13.2019
- Press Release02.23.2017
Named to the 2022 Best Lawyers in America© "Ones to Watch" list
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional & Civic Activities
Minnesota State Bar Association
Minnesota Youth Athletic Services, Advisory Committee
Youth wrestling coach