When millions of dollars are at risk in tough venues, Megan doesn't flinch, litigating complex lawsuits and arbitrations encompassing all aspects of the litigation process.
McCurdy is co-chair of one of the firm's Business Litigation divisions, and concentrates her practice on financial services, contract disputes, business torts and product liability actions. She often handles complex lawsuits and arbitrations, encompassing all aspects of the litigation process.
She has been active in government affairs, serving in various capacities, including as a deputy legislative assistant and correspondent for Senator E. Benjamin Nelson and Senator Chuck Hagel in their Washington, D.C. offices. She is fluent in German.
Megan was named to the 2019 Women Who Mean Business class by the Kansas City Business Journal. She has also been recognized as a top lawyer under 40 by Benchmark Litigation and others.
Commercial and Financial Services Litigation
- Led the defense of various bank clients against multimillion dollar lender liability claims alleging breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, fraud, Missouri Merchandising Practices Act (MMPA) violations, and negligence.
- Complete defense verdict on MMPA claims alleging over $1M in damages.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a bank and against surety companies claiming $3M in damages and alleging equitable subrogation, conversion, tortious interference, constructive trust, implied indemnity, and unjust enrichment.
- Successfully prosecuted multiple negotiable instrument cases on behalf of creditors.
- Assisted in the prosecution of negotiable instrument claims against residential developers on behalf of numerous banks.
General Business Litigation
- Successfully represented a Fortune 65 health insurer in the largest bid procurement in the State of Kansas resulting in the insurer's retention of a $3 billion contract.
- Amicably resolved $5.5M in breach of contract claims for a fraction of the claim.
- Successfully defended and resolved numerous breach of contract actions on behalf of corporate clients.
- Victory in an arbitration for a builder defending defective work and tort claims.
- Secured favorable settlement for a manufacturer of industrial equipment in a breach of contract and warranties action.
- Assisted in defending a class action claim against a Fortune 100 infant care company pertaining to alleged chemical risks associated with use of the company's products. Class certification was denied.
- Assisted in defending numerous infant, sunscreen and personal care products liability claims.
- Assisted in prosecuting breach of warranty case involving express warranties and the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purposes.
News & Insights
- Press Release06.14.2019
- Press Release07.03.2018
- Press Release10.23.2017
- Press Release10.06.2017
- Press Release10.12.2015
- Press Release03.30.2015
- Press Release03.11.2015
- Press Release01.07.2015
- Press Release10.06.2014
- Press Release07.16.2014
- Firm Events11.15.2018
Named one of the Kansas City Business Journal's 2019 Women Who Mean Business
Recognized by Benchmark Litigation "40 & Under Hot List," 2018
Recognized by Missouri Lawyers as an Up & Coming Attorney, 2017
Recognized by Benchmark as a Top Litigator Under 40, 2017-2018
Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Missouri and Kansas Rising Star, 2013-2017
Recognized by Missouri Lawyers Weekly as a Women's Justice Award winner, 2015
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional & Civic Activities
The Kansas Bar
The Missouri Bar
American Bar Association
The Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
Women’s Employment Network, Former Chair of the Board
UMKC School of Law Alumni Association Board Member
- Missouri, 2007
- Kansas, 2008
University of Missouri – Kansas City, J.D., summa cum laude, 2007
- UMKC Law Review, Staff Member
- Urban Lawyer Journal, Staff Member
- Order of the Barristers
- Thomas E. Deacy Trial Lawyer Award
University of Nebraska, B.A., Political Science and German, 2000
Humboldt University – Germany, 1999-2000