Lauded by his colleagues for his strengths in securities, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance, Jim combines these skills to structure corporate finance transactions.
Jim has more than 30 years of experience in M&A, securities transactions and general corporate law. Jim’s focus on transactions for public companies includes registered securities offerings and compliance with securities law reporting requirements. He also works with investors and entrepreneurs regarding equity investments in private companies.
Jim helps public and private company clients navigate the challenges of public and private offerings of equity and debt securities. He also leverages his strong experience in mergers, acquisition and divestitures to counsel public and private company clients in key industries including, technology, transportation, retail and health care.
Extensive representation of public companies in registered offerings and periodic reporting compliance, including companies with securities listed on The Nasdaq Stock Market and the New York Stock Exchange and debt-only filers.
Representation of public and private company clients with respect to public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, including:
- Representation of public companies in Rule 144A offerings, including a $525 million offering of Convertible Debentures, a $175 offering of Convertible Debentures, a $140 million offering of Convertible Senior Debentures, a $100 million offering of Convertible Senior Debentures, and in certain transactions registration of resales of such securities
- Representation of public companies in $200 million private placement of common stock to institutional investors, $160 million private placement of common stock to institutional investors and private placement of preferred stock and warrants to institutional investors and registration of resales of such securities
- Representation of large private company in private placements of common and preferred equity to strategic and institutional investors and in Rule 144A offering of $400 million in senior notes in private-for-life offering
- Representation of Quest Energy Partners L.P. in its public offering
Representation of public and private company clients with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, including:
- Securities representation of Euronet Worldwide Inc. in its acquisitions of RIA Envia Inc., XE Corporation, HiFX, Pure Commerce Pty Ltd, Omega Logic Limited, Continental Transfer, LLC and ATX Software Limited
- Representation of Watco Companies, L.L.C. in the acquisition of terminal facilities from Kinder Morgan and acquisition of a port facility on the Houston ship channel
- Representation of Garmin Ltd. in acquisitions of Digital Cyclone Inc., Nautamatic Marine Systems Inc. and Tri-Tronics, Inc.
- Representation of NPC International Inc. in numerous acquisitions and dispositions of Pizza Hut restaurants and acquisitions of Wendy's restaurants
- Representation of HMS Holdings Corp. in the acquisitions of Eliza Holding Corp. and Essette, Inc.
- Representation of Heatron, Inc. in its sale to NIBE Industrier AB
- Securities representation of Cartesian, Inc. in its acquisition of Farncombe Technology Limited
- Representation of LabOne Inc. in its sale to Quest Diagnotics Inc.
News & Insights
- Press Release09.26.2019
- Press Release08.15.2019
- Press Release08.27.2018
- Press Release08.15.2017
- Press Release08.15.2016
- Press Release08.18.2014
Listed in the 2012-2020 editions of Best Lawyers in America® for Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Compliance Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional & Civic Activities
The Missouri Bar