Thorough and results-oriented, Ben works tirelessly to deliver the best results for his clients in the courtroom.
Ben's tenacity, intelligence, and passion for his work is evident in his practice. He handles each case on an individualized basis and has experience in a multitude of areas including constitutional challenges to state laws, complex product liability claims, insurance matters, construction contract disputes, and lawsuits arising under the Administrative Procedure Act.
Ben gained litigation experience clerking for two federal district judges in Missouri, where he assisted in a wide variety of complex civil matters at the dispositive motion stage and at trial. He has conducted extensive legal research on novel issues in Missouri and federal law.
Ben has published scholarship in the field of Missouri campaign finance law and has authored a textbook chapter on the topic of federal preemption in labor law. Before his clerkships, Ben was an assistant counsel for the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission, where he practiced in the project development division.
News & Insights
- Press Release11.18.2021
Practices & Industries
- Missouri, 2017
University of Missouri School of Law, J.D., 2017
- Missouri Law Review, Senior Note and Comment Editor
- Clinical Student, Midwest Innocence Project
- Roy W. Harper Prize for Best Work in Constitutional Law
- J. Lewis Parks Prize for Best Work in Antitrust Law
- CALI Excellence Awards (Constitutional Law, Antitrust Law, Law & Public Policy, Administrative Law, Death Penalty Law)
University of Missouri, B.A., Political Science, 2014
- Geyer Award for Public Service on behalf of the University of Missouri
- Honorable M. Douglas Harpool, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Honorable Nanette K. Laughrey, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri