Andrew brings his business experience to all aspects of his practice, helping his banking, private equity, privately held business and real estate clients reach their goals.
Andrew handles a wide variety of asset acquisitions, financings and dispositions for lenders, borrowers and sponsors.
Andrew counsels lenders and agent banks originating commercial loans across a wide range of industries. He actively advises his clients in credit originations including asset-backed term loans, real estate financings, construction loans, revolving lines of credit, and leveraged loans, as well as workouts and restructurings throughout the life cycle of each loan.
In addition to advising financial services clients and borrowers on corporate, real estate, venture capital and leveraged loan facilities, he regularly counsels private equity firms, privately held businesses and real estate investors on Reg. D capital raises, joint ventures and real estate and private company acquisitions and dispositions.
Prior to his legal career, Andrew worked in the fields of commercial real estate development, investment and finance, and leverages this extensive industry experience when advising and helping clients formulate practical business solutions.
Representative Commercial Lending Transactions
- Represented a bank in a $450 million bi-lateral revolving loan facility to a farm supply company.
- Represented an agent bank in a $100 million revolving facility to a farm supply company.
- Represented a bank in multiple revolving, securities-based loan facilities.
Representative Real Estate Transactions
- Represented a participant bank in a $64 million syndicated construction loan facility for a for-rent housing community.
- Represented a bank in a $50 million construction loan facility for a multifamily residential project.
- Represented a bank in a $55 million construction loan facility for an industrial distribution center.
- Represented a bank in multiple construction loan facilities for industrial development centers ranging in size from $35 million to $85 million.
- Represented a bank in a $25 million revolving line of credit to a home builder.
- Represented a bank in a $16 million construction loan facility for a multifamily residential project.
- Represented an alternative lender in a $10 million term real estate facility.
- Represented a borrower in a $6 million “mini perm” facility for a mixed-use real estate project.
Representative Private Business Transactions
- Represented a client in the acquisition of a distressed medical device company and associated joint venture as well as in further bolt-on acquisitions.
- Represented a client in joint venture negotiations for development and operation of retail real estate assets.
Representative Private Equity Transactions
- Represented a sponsor in the formation of a private equity fund platform in the health care real estate space.
- Represented a limited partner in an equity investment in a multifamily private equity real estate fund.
News & Insights
- Press Release03.03.2023
- Press Release02.22.2023
- In the News03.22.2022
- Press Release08.17.2021
“Legal Considerations for Developers Facing Material and Labor Shortages,” Colorado Real Estate Journal, March 16, 2022.
Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Star, Banking, 2023
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional & Civic Activities
Downtown Denver Partnership – Development Council
Children’s Hospital of Colorado – 2221 Society
Impact Denver – Class of Spring 2021
Practices & Industries
- Colorado, 2016
University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, J.D., 2015
Loyola University Chicago, B.S., Finance and Economics, cum laude, 2006