New Challenges for HR in 2020 - Kansas City
Join us on Thursday, February 13 for our annual program providing insights into the latest legal developments affecting employment, labor and employee benefits.
Learn about critical legal changes that occurred in 2019, the timeline for new requirements in 2020 and how to manage risks relating to employment practices.
- Recent changes to local, state and federal employment law, including the effects of Missouri cannabis laws on employers
- Employee benefits, including analysis of the recent SECURE Act and its effects on retirement plans, and new rules for Health Reimbursement Arrangements
- Management of workplace discrimination, harassment and retaliation issues
- Immigration law, including guidance on the electronic
H-1B registration process, analysis of I-9 audits and trends, and insight on site visits, student visas and employment compliance, prevailing wages and how these affect employers
- Latest updates on wage and hour issues
- Developments in traditional labor law and changes to workplace rules
- Non-compete and other restrictive covenant agreements