Ron helps you navigate your most significant transactions.
Ron partners with clients on their corporate finance needs, including merger and acquisition, venture capital, private equity and capital market transactions; securities law compliance; and corporate governance matters. He has assisted clients in various industries, including technology, biotechnology, consumer products, manufacturing, financial services, real estate, waste management and lawncare, landscaping and snow removal services. Ron also actively participates in various pro bono initiatives.
Ron previously worked as in-house counsel at a public company specializing in GPS and wearable technology for aviation, marine, fitness, outdoor and automotive applications where he handled mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts and advertising and marketing review. Leveraging this experience, Ron understands the intricacies of complex business issues and the need for practical legal solutions.
Ron grew up on a family farm in Southwest Missouri where he learned to appreciate the value of hard work and dedication. In his free time, Ron enjoys spending time with his wife, Mandy, and son, Dax, and indulging in Arkansas Razorbacks, Kansas City Chiefs and Kansas City Royals games.
Ron has represented clients in domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and divestitures totaling more than $650 million, including:
- The $45.5 million sale of a corrosion and heat resistant lining products or systems and ceramic heat/mass transfer media engineering and manufacturing company.
- A technology company in its purchase of an emergency response coordination center for supported satellite devices and smartphone applications.
- An industrial manufacturer of glass, automotive and building products in various divestitures, including a $112 million sale of a producer and distributor of specialty transportation glass product.
- Numerous bolt-on and tuck-in acquisitions for, and the eventual sale of, a lawncare, landscaping and snow removal services company.
- An aftermarket programs and finance and insurance (F&I) solutions provider for automotive dealerships in various transactions, including its $86 million purchase of a company providing automotive F&I products and software and data mining solutions and purchases of multiple automotive F&I agents.
- An investment and management firm in its acquisition of a fabricator and distributor of industrial belts and belting supplies and substantially all of the assets of a company specializing in gear design, manufacturing and repair.
- The strategic investment subsidiary of a manufacturer of electronic, electrical and fiber optic interconnection systems in its purchase of medical technology assets related to low flow rate diagnostics.
He has represented clients in connection with various non-control investment transactions, including venture capital transactions, totaling more than $115 million, including:
- A biotechnology-focused venture capital firm in various preferred equity investments, including its preferred equity investment in a company specializing in the discovery, analysis and adaptation of gene editing systems for medical applications.
- A prominent family-led foundation in various investments, including its $5 million preferred equity investment in a company specializing in the discovery and development of medicinal mushrooms.
- The strategic investment subsidiary of a manufacturer of electronic, electrical and fiber optic interconnection systems in its preferred equity investments in a vertically integrated semiconductor company specializing in silicon photonics-based chip designs and development.
- The emerging high-growth technology investment subsidiary of a multinational corporation in its preferred equity investment in a developer of software for data centers.
Ron has represented clients in public and private offerings of equity and debt securities totaling more than $290 million, including:
- A company specializing in the development and operation of self-storage rental facilities in its $35 million private fund offerings under Regulation D.
- Serving as local counsel to a company specializing in beverage sleeving, labelling, co-packaging and packaging sales in its $5 million public offering of debenture units in Canada.
He has drafted and negotiated various commercial agreements, including inbound and outbound software and other intellectual property licensing agreements, software and other intellectual property development agreements, services agreements and marketing and sponsorship agreements.
Ron has advised on legal issues associated with automatic renewals.
He also has substantial experience reviewing advertising and marketing materials to ensure compliance with applicable competition and advertising laws.
News & Insights
- Press Release09.30.2019
"Putting the Heart Back in the Heartland: Regional Land Bank Initiatives for Sustainable Rural Economies," 69 Arkansas Law Review 1055, 2017
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional & Civic Activities
The American Bar Association
The Missouri Bar
Practices & Industries
University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
William Jewell College, B.A., Business Administration and Economics, summa cum laude