Ron navigates your most significant transactions from soup to nuts, so you don’t have to.
Ron partners with clients on their corporate finance needs, including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital transactions, private equity transactions, capital markets, securities law compliance and corporate governance. He has assisted clients in various industries, including technology, consumer products, manufacturing, financial services, waste management and lawncare, landscaping and snow removal services.
Ron previously worked as in-house counsel at a public company specializing in GPS and wearable technology for aviation, marine, fitness, outdoor and automotive applications where he handled mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts and advertising and marketing review. Leveraging this experience, Ron understands the intricacies of complex business issues and the need for practical legal solutions.
Ron has represented clients in domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and divestitures totaling more than $500 million, including:
- A technology company in its purchase of an emergency response coordination center for supported satellite devices and smartphone applications.
- An industrial manufacturer of glass, automotive and building products in various divestitures, including a $112 million sale of a producer and distributor of specialty transportation glass product.
- Bolt-on acquisitions and the eventual sale of a lawncare, landscaping and snow removal services company.
- An aftermarket programs and finance and insurance (F&I) solutions provider for automotive dealerships in various transactions, including its $86 million purchase of a company providing automotive F&I products and software and data mining solutions and purchases of multiple automotive F&I agents.
- An investment and management firm in its acquisition of a fabricator and distributor of industrial belts and belting supplies.
- The strategic investment subsidiary of a manufacturer of electronic, electrical and fiber optic interconnection systems in its purchase of medical technology assets related to low flow rate diagnostics.
He has represented clients in connection with various non-control investment transactions, including venture capital transactions, totaling more than $100 million, including:
- The strategic investment subsidiary of a manufacturer of electronic, electrical and fiber optic interconnection systems in its preferred equity investments in a vertically integrated semiconductor company specializing in silicon photonics-based chip designs and development.
- The emerging high-growth technology investment subsidiary of a multinational corporation in its preferred equity investment in a developer of software for data centers.
- Ron has represented clients, including private equity firms, in private offerings of equity and debt securities totaling more than $250 million.
He has drafted and negotiated both simple and complex commercial agreements, including:
- Inbound and outbound software and other intellectual property licensing agreements
- Software and other intellectual property development agreements
- Software as a service (SaaS) agreements
- Services agreements
- Marketing and sponsorship agreements
- Aviation bailment and development agreements for supplemental type certificates (STCs)
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Ron has drafted various end user agreements, including end user license agreements (EULAs) and service terms, and advised on legal issues associated with automatic renewals.
- He also has substantial experience reviewing advertising and marketing materials to ensure compliance with applicable competition and advertising laws.
News & Insights
- Press Release09.30.2019
"Putting the Heart Back in the Heartland: Regional Land Bank Initiatives for Sustainable Rural Economies," 69 Arkansas Law Review 1055, 2017
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional & Civic Activities
The American Bar Association
The Missouri Bar
William Jewell College Cardinal Baseball
Practices & Industries
- Missouri, 2017
- Kansas, 2018
University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2017
- Academic Achievement Awardee (graduated third in class)
- Arkansas Law Review, Managing Editor
- Joe C. Barrett Commercial Law Awardee
William Jewell College, B.A., Business Administration and Economics, summa cum laude, 2014