Stinson Earns Ninth Gold Certification From Women in Law Empowerment Forum
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (July 17, 2019)—Stinson LLP is proud to announce that it has once again been awarded Gold Standard Certification by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF). The firm has received this important distinction every year since the award began in 2011.
WILEF grants Gold Standard status to major firms that meet objective criteria concerning the number of women among equity partners, in firm leadership positions and in the ranks of their most highly compensated partners. Firms with at least 300 lawyers in the U.S. are eligible for certification.
For 2019 Gold Standard Certification, firms had to meet a mandatory criterion:
- 20 percent of equity partners or, alternatively, 33 percent of the attorneys becoming equity partners during the past twelve months are women
They also had to meet at least three of the following five criteria:
- 15 percent of firm and U.S. branch office heads are women
- 20 percent of the firm’s primary governance committee are women
- 20 percent of the firm’s compensation committee or its equivalent are women
- 15 percent of the top half of the firm’s equity partners in terms of compensation are women
- 7 percent of women equity partners are women of color or 3.5 percent of women equity partners are LGBT
“Our firm values the contributions of women at all levels, and we are proud to have women serving on our executive committee and leadership team, and leading our practice groups,” said Ann Jenrette-Thomas, Stinson’s Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer. “Women attorneys are vital to our firm's success, and we hope to build on our achievements in the years to come as we continue to encourage their career development and reward the contributions of all of our attorneys."
Founded in 2007, WILEF is a national organization dedicated to providing educational and networking opportunities for women attorneys from the nation's largest corporations and law firms.