Stinson Earns Eleventh Gold Certification from Women in Law Empowerment Forum
Stinson LLP is proud to announce that it has once again been awarded Gold Standard Certification by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF). The firm has received this distinction every year since the certification began in 2011.
For 2021 Gold Standard Certification, firms must meet WILEF's mandatory criteria:
- 25% of equity partners or, alternatively, 40% of the attorneys becoming equity partners during the past 12 months are women
- 10% of women equity partners are women of color or 4% of women equity partners identify as LGBTQ
And meet at least two of the following criteria:
- 20% of firm and U.S. branch office heads are women
- 25% of the firm's primary governance committee are women
- 25% of the firm's compensation committee or its equivalent are women
- 20% of the top half of the firm's equity partners in terms of compensation are women
"We are proud to have women serving at all levels of leadership within our firm," said Ann Jenrette-Thomas, chief diversity and inclusion officer. "The success of women attorneys is vital to the legal profession, and we will continue to encourage and support their career development, leadership and wellbeing."
Stinson also recently received Mansfield 4.0 Certification , was named one of the best law firms for women by Seramount, and has been recognized as a top place for women to work by the Women's Foundation of Greater St. Louis. Stinson's Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer Ann Jenrette-Thomas was also recently recognized as a 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Awards honoree by Minnesota Lawyer.
Founded in 2007, WILEF is a national organization dedicated to providing educational and networking opportunities for women attorneys from the nation's largest corporations and law firms.