Todd M. Phelps Elected a Fellow in the American College of Real Estate Lawyers
Stinson Leonard Street LLP is proud to announce that Todd M. Phelps was elected a Fellow in the American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL).
Admission to the college is by invitation only for attorneys with outstanding legal ability, experience and high standards of professional and ethical conduct in the practice of real estate law. After a rigorous screening process, new Fellows are selected for their contributions to the real estate and legal professions through their practices, legal writing and public speaking.
Phelps is a partner in the firm's Minneapolis office and co-chairs the firm's real estate industry group. His practice includes traditional real estate transactional work, including commercial leasing for office, retail and industrial, mixed-use redevelopment in the urban core, financing, real estate joint ventures, corridor assembly and entitlements. He is a Real Property Law Specialist, certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association, and is licensed to practice in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Florida.
Phelps has recently led a number of significant real estate transactions in Minnesota including representing:
- The owner of a class "A" office building in downtown Minneapolis in connection with the $82 million sale to Franklin Street Properties
- The buyer of a class "A" office building in downtown St. Paul in connection with the $47 million dollar purchase from The St. Paul Companies/Travelers Insurance
- The owner of a class "A" office building in downtown Minneapolis in connection with a long-term lease of 66,000 square feet of office space to PricewaterhouseCoopers LL
- A professional services tenant in connection with a 105,000 square foot office lease in downtown Minneapolis with Hines Global REIT
- The seller of a 251 room hotel in downtown Minneapolis in connection with the $65 million sale to Loews Hotels & Resorts
In addition, Phelps is a U.S. Army veteran who now serves on the Board of Directors for the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities. He has been honored with the firm’s Pro Bono Service to the Indigent Award for his dedication to pro bono service.
ACREL is the premier organization of U.S. real estate lawyers. The organization strives to promote high standards of professional and ethical responsibility in the practice of real estate law; to inform the membership of the most current developments in various aspects of real estate law and practice; and to cooperate and consult with organizations that have an interest in real estate law and practice. Each new Fellow must be nominated by a current ACREL member and be practicing for a minimum of 10 years and observe high standards of professional and ethical conduct while contributing substantially to the improvement of real estate law.
Director of Marketing
News & Insights