Stinson Leonard Street Earns Seventh Consecutive Gold Certification from Women in Law Empowerment Forum
Stinson Leonard Street LLP is proud to announce that it has once again been awarded Gold Standard Certification by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF). The firm has received this important distinction every year since 2011 when the award began.
WILEF bestows the Gold Standard Certification on law firms that demonstrate that women attorneys have the same opportunities as their male colleagues. Stinson Leonard Street is one of 44 firms to earn the Gold Standard Certification in 2017, and one of only seven to meet all of the certification criteria. Firms with at least 300 lawyers in the U.S. were eligible for certification. Those firms had to meet four of the following seven criteria in which women comprise at least:
- 20 percent of U.S. equity partners or, alternatively, one-third of attorneys who became U.S. equity partners within the previous 12 months
- 15 percent of the heads of the firm and its U.S. branch office heads combined
- 20 percent of the members of the firm’s primary governance committee
- 20 percent of the members of the committee that determines equity partner compensation
- 25 percent of U.S. practice group leaders/department heads
- 15 percent of the top half of U.S. equity partners in terms of compensation
- 7 percent of U.S. women equity partners are women of color and/or 3.5 percent of them are LGBT
Diversity of women partners was a new factor this year.
“We are very proud to be certified with this recognition and to have met all seven of WILEF's criteria this year,” said Ann Jenrette-Thomas, Stinson Leonard Street’s Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer. “Our firm values the contributions of women at all levels. Women attorneys serve on our executive committee and leadership team, lead our practice groups and are some of our top rain makers. Women attorneys are vital to our firm's success and we hope to build on our achievements in the years to come as we continue to encourage their career development and reward the contributions of all of our attorneys."
Founded in 2007, WILEF is a national organization dedicated to providing educational and networking opportunities for women attorneys from the nation's largest corporations and law firms. To learn more about Women in Law Empowerment Forum, go to www.wilef.com.