Johnny Wang, Steve Cosentino Talk Legal Implications for Gig Economy for Podcast Series
Stinson Leonard Street partners Johnny Wang and Steve Cosentino were featured in a recent episode of the Spot On Insurance podcast on independent contractors.
In the episode, "Legal Implications of the Gig Economy", Steve and Johnny discuss what it means to be a gig worker, as well as the different legal practices with gig workers as compared to traditional employees.
Steve and Johnny also discuss:
- What a restrictive covenant is and the legal implications behind it.
- What do restrictive covenants look like in practice?
- What’s an arbitration agreement and how does it link with the gig economy?
- The benefits and drawbacks to using arbitration agreements
- The legal issue regarding classification when it comes to gig economy workers.
- Legal issues around data security surrounding gig economy workers.
- Is a company legally responsible for a gig economy worker’s data security?
- IP ownership and social networking account issues for gig economy workers.
The Spot on Insurance podcast series is sponsored by the Insurance Licensing Services of America. Listen to the full episode.