Johnny Wang, Steve Cosentino Talk Legal Implications for Gig Economy for Podcast Series
In the episode, "Legal Implications of the Gig Economy", Steve and Johnny discuss what it means to be a gig worker, as well as the different legal practices with gig workers as compared to traditional employees.
Steve and Johnny also discuss:
- What a restrictive covenant is and the legal implications behind it.
- What do restrictive covenants look like in practice?
- What’s an arbitration agreement and how does it link with the gig economy?
- The benefits and drawbacks to using arbitration agreements
- The legal issue regarding classification when it comes to gig economy workers.
- Legal issues around data security surrounding gig economy workers.
- Is a company legally responsible for a gig economy worker’s data security?
- IP ownership and social networking account issues for gig economy workers.
The Spot on Insurance podcast series is sponsored by the Insurance Licensing Services of America. Listen to the full episode.