Tribal Grants Accounting & Financial Management Training
Whether you’re a longstanding recipient of federal grants or seeking them for the first time, it’s important to understand the many strings attached in order to meet compliance and accounting standards.
This August 3, join Stinson Leonard Street's Sharon Ng and Bryant Tchida for a special full-day training session where they will present on key negotiation strategies when contracting self-determination/638 awards. REDW's Corrine Wilson and Wes Benally will also be speaking on the simplifying of the often-confusing and complex grant requirements.
This is a unique chance to get detailed information about how to navigate compliance issues with your Tribe, plus get your questions answered by the leading Tribal accounting and legal experts.
Additional topics include:
- The Self-Determination Act
- A legal perspective
- What to know for effective negotiation and management
- Federal financial management regulations and how they apply to tribal environments
- Cost principals and audit requirements for federal awards
- How to determine direct and indirect cost rates
- Effective internal controls over compliance
- Standards for financial management records and retention
- Accounting standards and:
- GASB grant revenue standards
- Grant receivables and unearned grant advances
- Preparing your SEFA
- And more!
View the full agenda.
WHEN: Friday, August 3
8 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. (PT)
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided and parking will be validated.
|WHERE: Stinson Leonard Street |
Concourse Level - Arizona Conference Room
1850 N. Central Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85004
CPE: Up to 7.0 CPE credits may be awarded
Registration Fee: $495
Please register online by Wednesday, August 1.
- Animal Health & Nutrition
- Banking & Financial Services
- Commercial Lending
- Corporate Finance
- Environmental & Natural Resources
- Intellectual Property & Technology
- Labor, Employment & Benefits
- Life Sciences
- Real Estate & Public Finance
- Securities Litigation, Arbitration & Enforcement Actions
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems & Autonomous Vehicles
News & Insights