Managing Risk in Providing Depository Services to Marijuana Related Businesses and other Cash Intensive Businesses
Please join the Following Bank Regulatory Agencies and Industry Speakers for this seminar. Presenting will be representatives from:
- FDIC Dallas Regional Office
- FDIC San Francisco Regional Office
- Colorado Division of Banking
- Denver Branch of the Federal Reserve of Kansas Ctiy
- Barbara Walker, Executive Director of the Independent Bankers of Colorado
- Ernest Panasci and Zane Gilmer, Attorneys with Stinson Leonard Street LLP
- Andrew Herrera with Hypur, Inc., on the use of the Risk Management Software in Banking Cash Intensive Businesses.
Financial Institutions will hear directly from state and federal regulators on the risks involved in banking cash intensive businesses, including marijuana related businesses. The Colorado Division of Banking along with representatives from the FDIC and Federal Reserve will offer guidance and direction to financial institutions interested in banking marijuana related businesses. Stinson Leonard Street attorneys, Ernie Panasci and Zane Gilmer will provide an update on the most pressing legal concerns and will offer insights on effective bank policies and compliance programs. Andre Herrera, with Hyper, Inc. will conclude the session with an overview of risk management software and payment systems that allow for streamlined processes and enhanced accountability.
Please note this program is limited to financial institutions and their employees and directors.
1 p.m. (MDT)
1:30 - 4 p.m. (MDT)
4 - 4:30 p.m. Q&A - Panel Discussion
4:30 - 4:40 p.m. Break
4:40 - 5:10 p.m. Compliance Presentation
Regulators have requested to receive questions in advance. Please direct any questions by email to Ernie Panasci or by phone at 303.376.8402 and he will share questions on an anonymous basis with the regulators.