Limitation on Liability in Construction Contracts Seminar
We all see more language in contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders and A/E agreements that attempt to set limits on potential liability if things go wrong. Sometimes this makes great business sense, but other times it goes way beyond what is 'customary' or fair, such as:
• Purchase orders from vendors that exclude UCC warranties and exclude pass-through claims
• Caps on liquidated damages
• Contracts that disclaim liability for delay damages
• Contracts that disclaim liability for wrongful terminations
• Limitation or disclaimer of liquidated damages
• A/E agreements that limit liability to (a) amount of contract price or (b) amount of insurance
Susan McGreevy will present the issues being raised on this important risk management issue from our Kansas City office. The seminar will be video-conferenced to our Minneapolis, Denver and Washington, DC offices. Stinson Leonard Street attorneys will be on-hand, in each office, to answer questions or direct them to Susan.
6:30 - 7 a.m. - Denver
7:30 - 8 a.m. - Kansas City and Minneapolis
8:30 - 9 a.m. - Washington, DC
7 - 8 a.m. - Denver
8 - 9 a.m. - Kansas City and Minneapolis
9 -10 a.m. - Washington, DC
For more information or to register for one of the seminar locations, please contact us.