FinTech - Embracing the Disruption
Please join us on Wednesday, May 25 for an in-depth discussion on FinTech (Financial Technology). We will discuss what FinTech is and how it will disrupt the Financial Services Industry. In this discussion we will:
- Explore what types of businesses and services comprise the FinTech industry with a focus on the challenges that FinTech presents to incumbent financial systems and banks
- Examine the growth of the FinTech industry and how it is likely to expand in the coming years
- Look at how traditional financial systems and banks can embrace FinTech and turn disruptive technology into an asset
In addition there will be a discussion of some of the key regulatory challenges facing FinTech. We will cover:
- Money transmitter issues
- UDAAP considerations
- Third party risk management issues
There will also be a non-technical discussion about the consumer data driving much of FinTech. We will address:
- Security issues and risks relating to the security of customer data
- Legal issues surrounding the ownership and use of customer data
- How to address customer data in contracts with FinTech service providers
This program will be presented from our Kansas City office and videoconferenced to our Minneapolis, Denver and St. Louis offices. We will be hosting receptions following the presentations in each of the participating cities.
|When||Wednesday, May 25|
1:30 p.m. (MDT)
2:30 p.m. (CDT)
2 - 3:30 p.m. (MDT)
3 - 4:30 p.m. (CDT)
|Where||Stinson Leonard Street|
|1201 Walnut St. |
Kansas City, MO
|150 South Fifth Street |
16th Floor Conference Center
|6400 South Fiddlers Green Circle |
Greenwood Village, CO
|7700 Forsyth Blvd. |
St. Louis, MO
Register online by Friday, May 20.
If you are unable to attend the live presentation, you may join us by webinar.
CLE credit is pending at this time.
We hope to see you there!
|Steve Cosentino||Karen Garrett||Mark Hargrave|