Data Breach Panel Discussion
1201 Walnut Street
Kansas City, MO 64106
Stinson LLP, Lockton Companies and Databank, in conjunction with the Kansas City Tech Council, invite you to an industry panel discussion on the latest in data breach and cybersecurity issues. This program is designed for in-house counsel and c-suite personnel and staff involved in corporate data privacy matters. In this informative session, Kara Lowe of the KC Tech Council will moderate a panel discussing topics including:
- Data breach preparedness and response
- Building a cybersecurity program and best practices for security and risk management
- Legislative and regulatory landscape, coming changes and compliance
- Outsourcing security functions and associated pros and cons, including third party security penetration testing
- Managing internal cyberattack threats through physical security and employee education
- New dedicated cyber insurance products
- GDPR refresher one year in, and the new California Consumer Privacy Act
- Specific technologies including cookies, AI, Internet of Things and the Biometric Information Privacy Act
- Negotiating data security liability
A brief Q&A will occur at the end of the program. Afterwards, we welcome attendees to stay for a complimentary reception and an opportunity to ask the presenters additional questions.
Registration | 3:30 - 4 p.m.
Program | 4 - 5:15 p.m.
Q &A | 5:15 - 5:30 p.m.
Cocktail Reception | 5:30 p.m.
- Michael Born, Vice President & Account Executive, Lockton Companies
- Steve Cosentino, CIPP, Partner, Stinson LLP
- Karen Hornig, CEO, NIPR
- Mark Houpt, Chief Information Security Officer, DataBank