Employers must develop short- and long-term strategies for successfully managing their work force to achieve their business and service goals, while simultaneously minimizing or eliminating the basis for labor disputes that disrupt operations. Our nationally-ranked labor law attorneys are the trusted choice for employers seeking to achieve their business and employee relations goals.
We have experience negotiating union contracts with significant wage, benefit and work rule concessions without a work stoppage, creating or maintaining desired employee relations, negotiating asset purchase agreements addressing successor employer responsibilities and multiemployer pension fund withdrawal liability and complying with applicable labor and employment laws.
We believe the creation of constructive union-management relations requires firm but fair interactions backed by aggressive defense of employer rights to operate without compromising any decision-making authority.
Our attorneys regularly represent privately-held businesses, local and national corporations, nonprofit entities and governmental employers before state and federal courts and administrative agencies across the country. We provide representation related to traditional labor matters, including:
- Providing counsel and advice on how to maintain non-union status.
- Representing management during union organizing and in union representation and decertification elections before the NLRB.
- Counseling in all aspect of state statutes relating to Public Employer Employee Relations, Public Employment Relations and/or Professional Negotiations, including due process procedures.
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements and drafting labor contracts.
- Preserving business operations in response to strikes and picketing during labor disputes.
- Grievance handling (including discipline and discharge, and contract interpretation issues).
- Defending clients in arbitration cases.
- Counseling and advising on unfair labor practice avoidance.
- Defending clients in NLRB proceedings.
- Representing clients in federal and state court litigation and in injunction proceedings.
- Advising on labor matters in mergers and acquisitions.
- Advising on plant closings and WARN Act compliance.
- Counseling clients regarding multiemployer pension plan withdrawal liability.
- Advising and representing clients in Railway Labor Act cases.
Industries We Represent
We have worked with clients in the following industries:
- Academic (public and private)
- Consumer Products and Services
- Energy and Power
- Food Processing
- Health Care
- Nonprofit Services
News & Insights
- Press Release06.28.2023
- In the News01.18.2023
- Press Release08.31.2021